Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas on the brain

I am totally that girl. The one who listens to Christmas music in November, who has her shopping done by Thanksgiving, and puts all of her decorations up at least 6 weeks before the holiday.

Overboard? Perhaps. But I don’t care. I flippin’ love the holidays.

I’m in the process of gathering inspiration for my decor this year. The last few years, I stuck with a red and silver theme. Lots of berries, jeweled fruit, sparkly snowflakes, etc. It was gorgeous if I do say so myself. But this year, I want to go for a more rustic wintery look, using white, silver, green, and brown. I think it will work well with the cottage style of my home, and the gray paint throughout my living and dining rooms.

So here’s my inspiration photos I have thus far. You’ll have to forgive me again for not having sources. I peruse blogs and Google images, copy and paste them all into giant Word docs, and never remember to include the source. Bad blogger.

image

I plan to adapt this idea for my dining room chandy.

image

I love this three wreath look.

image

This is so creative. I think it’s via Pottery Barn. But it would be a super simple DIY. Thick branches, twine, small buckets painted and stenciled.

image

via The Nester. I love this method of hanging a wreath in front of a mirror with ribbon. It would be gorgeous with a cypress wreath like this one (however I’m not paying $99 for the Pottery Barn one):

Live Cypress Wreath

image

And I just love everything about this photo.

I’ve also been collecting some vintage Christmas clip art from The Graphics Fairy. This is such a great site for DIY art ideas. Here’s some of the pictures I might use for my own holiday art.

image

image

image

I looove this sheet music cover. I’m Polish, and I always used to listen to polkas with my Grandpa. So this would be such a cool, personal piece of art.

image

 

Soo there you have it. The first of many Christmas posts from this girl. Am I the only nut who’s got Christmas on the brain?

Apparently I’m not! Roeshel over at the DIY Showoff is a girl after my own heart :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel you! I'm the same way - it's a great season and Christmas should be celebrated for as long as possible :)

    Btw - I stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say hi!

    Happy decorating!
    Momma J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3 wreaths on the door. I have an ugly front door with 3 square windows..I think this will be perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!

    I'm glad I could share some inspiration with you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!